At All Saints’, we take the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults very seriously and our policies, approved by the Church of England and the Diocese of Leeds, are designed to underpin this.
We believe that the care and protection of children, young people and adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of the Church. We are committed to:
- Promoting a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Responding to those who may pose a present risk
If you are concerned that someone you know is at risk of abuse, or is being abused, or presents a risk to others, please seek advice from a safeguarding adviser or if necessary report the matter to the Local Authority social care services or the police without delay. If there is immediate risk or danger, please contact the police on 101.
Please click on the following links for further information:
Safeguarding Contact details
If a child or adult is at immediate risk of significant harm, in the first instance you should always contact your local social services team or local police (call 101). You must then inform your Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser (DSA) - please see contact details listed below.
All Saints’ Church Contacts
Our Rector: Sarah Farrimond 01484 900025
Our Church Safeguarding Officer: Gillian Hamer 01484 864055
The Diocese of Leeds
Diocesan Safeguarding Advisers (DSAs)
Team email: email@example.com
Office number: 0113 353 0257
Outside of these hours, if you are in need of URGENT advice, contact the Archdeacon, Bill Braviner at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kirklees Safeguarding Team
Child daytime 01484 456848, Out of hours 01484 414933
Adult daytime 01484 221000, Out of hours 01484 414933